As winter weather impacts Central Texas on Sunday, closures may begin rolling in.
Here's an ongoing list of road closures/warning in the area:
- The W.S. Young bridge has been closed due to weather conditions, Killeen Police said. "We ask everyone to please stay home if possible and stay off the roadways. If you must get out and drive, please use extra caution."
- Heavy snow is expected throughout project area (12th Street to N Loop 340) in Waco, according to TxDOT. Reduced visibility and possible freezing on I-35 overpasses. Slow down and drive carefully.
- The Robertson County Sheriff's Department said to please be advised that ice is forming on the local highways. "Several reports have be taken related to vehicles sliding off of the roadway due to ice on HWY 6 north of Calvert."
- Copperas Cove Police says Veterans Avenue from S. 25th Street to Babb Street will be closed temporarily due to ice. "More than likely there will be more street closures. Please stay home and stay warm!"
- Belton Police says 190 EB has been shut down at Simmons.They are asking residents to please avoid unnecessary traveling. "A majority of the roadways are not passable at the moment."
- The Lorena Fire Department says road conditions have become much worse. Old Bethany Rd. between terrace and Ringo is shut down.
- Since 12:30 PM, the Bryan Police Department has responded to 20 vehicle crashes and 5 reports of vehicles off the roadway.
Bell County is starting to see deterioration in road conditions in areas throughout the county, according to the Sheriff's Department. As of now, they are receiving reports in the following areas:
- West Bell County
- Chaparral Road, west of Feather Line (ice forming on the road surface)
- IH-14 Eastbound at Nolanville Hill (ice forming on the road surface) TxDot Notified
- FM 2410 at Elf Trail (ice forming on the road surface and deamed impassable by DPS) Tx Dot notified
- State Highway 36 long bridge over Leon River (ice forming on road surface) TxDot notified
- State Highway 36 and State Highway 317 both have reports of ice forming in various areas. TxDot notified
- Central Bell County
- Flyover at IH-35 and IH-14 (ice forming on road surface) TxDot Notified
- East Bell County
- State Highway 36 overpass above FM 93 (ice forming on the road surface) TxDot notified
- State Highway 320 in far East Bell County (ice forming on the road surface) TxDot notified
- North Bell County
- Overpass above IH-35 in Troy (Ice forming on road surface) TxDot notified
- According to the City of College Station, the Fun for All Playground is closed due to snow accumulation weighing down the canopies. Situation will be reassessed in the morning.
More Closures, Delays
- Limestone County Courthouse will delay opening until 10 am tomorrow.
- Waco Housing Authority will be closed tomorrow due to inclement weather
- Due to the weather and road conditions the YMCA of Central Texas - Waco Family YMCA and Doris Miller Family YMCA will open at 9am Monday, January 11, 2021.
- Brazos County Judge Duane Peters has decided county offices will be closed Monday, January 11, 2021 due to weather. Offices will reopen for normal business hours on Tuesday.
- City of Belton has announced it will delay the start on the workday by two hours for non-essential employees on Monday, Jan. 11, due to inclement weather. As a result, City offices are scheduled to be open by 10 a.m. on Monday.
- Due to inclement weather Waco Transit System will begin all services at 7:15 on Monday, January 11, 2021.
- City of Temple offices will be closed on Monday, January 11th. Solid Waste and Emergency Services will operate as normal.
- City of Hewitt City Hall and the Community Services Building will open to the public at 10 a.m. on Monday, January 11. Hewitt Public Library will open to the public at 10:30 a.m. on Monday.
- City of Hutto City Hall will have a late opening of 10:00 a.m. tomorrow, January 11, 2021.