BRAZOS COUNTY — The Brazos County Health District (BCHD) has received the results from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the suspected case of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
A Texas A&M student was suspected to have the 2019 Novel Coronavirus but results are negative.
The public is encouraged to practice general preventive actions for all viral infections, including the flu:
- Everyone 6 months and older is encouraged to get a flu shot.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For more information visit the BCHD website.