If you are slowly driving through neighborhoods in search of Christmas lights to fulfill your holiday spirit, Nextdoor is here to help.
Nextdoor has a feature called the "Cheer Map". The "Cheer Map" allows neighbors that have Christmas light displays to put a "lightbulb" on their home, so when you look at the map, you can see where the lights are.
To add your home to the Cheer Map on web:
- Go to www.nextdoor.com/cheer or click on the Cheer Map icon in the upper right corner of your Nextdoor homepage.
- A pop-up window should appear over your address on the map, asking “Will you be decorating your home for the holidays?” (If the window doesn’t appear, click on your address.) Select ‘I will!’, or ‘Not this year’, then click Continue.
- If you’ve selected ‘I will!’, a ‘Lights and displays’ icon will be placed on your house on the map.
To add your home to the Cheer Map on iPhone or Android:
- Tap the ‘more’ icon in the lower right corner of your Nextdoor Newsfeed, then tap Cheer map.
- The next screen asks if you are decorating your home for the holidays this year. If you’d rather not say, you can tap “Skip” to see the map of houses that will have holiday lights and displays this season.
- If you’ve selected ‘I will!’ a ‘Lights and displays’ icon will be placed on your house on the map. You can tap “Continue” to see it on the map.