Several roads and highways across Central Texas and the Brazos Valley will close due to winter weather.
If you can, avoid traveling. However, if you must travel, here is an ongoing list of closures. Be sure to reduce your speed and leave plenty of space between you and other vehicles.
To view current road conditions, click here.
Near McLennan County
- Waco Police Officers are closing down Lakeshore Dr by Koehne Park. Please avoid this area.In addition to Koehne Park, the big hill on Lakeshore Dr. near Airport Rd. is a problem. Avoid this as well.
- Various closures on I-35 from 12 St to N Loop 340 due to freezing temperatures and ice. Expected to last for the next 48 hours. Stay off the roads if you can. However, if you need to travel slow down and increase the distance between you and other vehicles
- Bosque Blvd in Woodway is closed until further notice.
- Hwy 6 at Wolf Lane south of Valley Mills is closed do to power lines down, according to Valley Mills VFD.
Near Bell County
- Copperas Cove - Due to continued freezing conditions, existing street closures include portions of the following streets with inclines/declines: Ash Street Bonnie Lane Colorado Drive Courtney Lane Freedom Lane Hillside Street Mountain Avenue Mueller Street Ogletree Pass Pecan Cove Drive Sherry Lane Veterans Avenue Wild Plum Drive Yucca Drive\
- Old Nolanville Bridge is closed until further notice.
Near Brazos County
- The northbound lanes of SH 6 at FM 2154 in Brazos Co. are closed due to hazardous conditions. Vehicles traveling north on SH 6 from Navasota will exit at FM 2154 & travel on the service road around the bridge. Roadway is closed for an unknown amount of time.
- DPS Troopers are at the scene of a vehicle fire on SH 6 at FM 159 in Brazos Co. SH 6 is closed. Motorists are being directed to the NB service road to William B. Fitch Pkwy.
This is an ongoing list. Please refresh the article for updates.