MART, TX — The Mayor of Mart has issued a mask order requiring all residents to wear a face covering any time they are in contact with other people who are not household members.
The order goes into effect at 12:01 am on June 30.
The order issued by Mart Mayor Leonard Williams states all persons in the City of Mart are required to wear a face covering any time they are in contact with other people who are not household members in public or private spaces where it is not possible to maintain social distance.
Face covering are not required for:
- People whose religious beliefs prevent them from wearing a face covering
- For those who cannot wear a face covering due to a medical or behavioral condition
- For Children under 10-years-old
- When consuming food or drink
- In private, individual offices
- In Settings where it is not practical or feasible to wear a face covering, including when obtaining or rendering good or services such a dental or swimming
- While with members of a family of the same household
- While driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household
- While pumping gas or operating outdoor equipment
The order states failure to comply with the provisions constitutes an "imminent threat to public health."
The violation of the order will be a Class C misdemeanor and the penalty shall be a fine not to exceed $1,000, and each day a violation exists shall be a separate offense, according to the order.
View the full order here: