MILWAUKEE — A Milwaukee man is charged with child neglect after his 5-week-old daughter was given water from a bottle that was used to clean syringes laced with cocaine, according to police.
Versean Anderson reportedly filled a syringe with cocaine and water from a bottle. After injecting it, he used water from the same bottle to clean the syringe. The Milwaukee Police Department said Anderson’s daughter was given water from that bottle, which resulted in the overdose.
According to the report, the 5-week-old girl was taken to St. Luke’s Medical Center, where she was given Narcan. Then she was transported to the intensive care unit at the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Urinalysis revealed cocaine and opioids in the baby’s system.
Anderson faces up to 12.5 years in prison for failing to protect his daughter from drug abuse.