This holiday season, H-E-B will take its annual Feast of Sharing dinner into homes across Texas and Mexico.
H-E-B’s Feast of Sharing will donate more than 340,000 meals to hunger relief organizations and food banks in Texas and Mexico during November and December.
Although this year’s H-E-B Feast of Sharing will not include the traditional in-person dinner events and volunteer opportunities, H-E-B will make monetary and food donations to 18 Texas food banks and more than 40 hunger relief agencies such as Meals on Wheels.
To support Texans in need throughout the season, these dedicated organizations will distribute and deliver meals, which will include H-E-B Meal Simple holiday dinners with roasted turkey, green beans and mashed potatoes with garlic butter.
“A celebration we look forward to each and every year, the H-E-B Feast of Sharing gives us the opportunity to give back and ring in the holidays with our neighbors,” said Winell Herron, Group Vice President of Public Affairs, Diversity and Environmental Affairs. “Thanks to our partnerships with deeply dedicated nonprofits, we’re able to safely continue this tradition for families across Texas and Mexico.”
In-person H-E-B Feast of Sharing dinners are scheduled to resume next year, during the 2021 holiday season.
People looking for volunteer opportunities, ways to give or in need of assistance, can visit https://www.feedingtexas.org/get-help/ or connect with the following Texas food banks the H-E-B Feast of Sharing supports:
- Houston Food Bank (Houston)
- San Antonio Food Bank (San Antonio)
- North Texas Food Bank (Dallas)
- Tarrant Area Food Bank (Fort Worth)
- Central Texas Food Bank (Austin)
- Coastal Bend Food Bank (Corpus Christi)
- South Texas Food Bank (Laredo)
- South Plains Food Bank (Lubbock)
- Brazos Valley Food Bank (Brazos)
- Food Bank of West Central Texas (Abilene)
- West Texas Food Bank (Odessa)
- Southeast Texas Food Bank (Beaumont)
- East Texas Food Bank (Tyler)
- Concho Valley Regional Food Bank (San Angelo)
- Montgomery County Food Bank (Conroe)
- Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley (Pharr)
- Food Bank of the Golden Crescent (Victoria)
- Galveston County Food Bank (Galveston)
People looking for additional local services and support can dial 2-1-1 or find help at https://www.211texas.org/.
Since 1989, the H-E-B Feast of Sharing has invited people to celebrate the holidays with food, music, and good cheer. The free holiday feasts bring together family, friends and neighbors, and provides H-E-B an opportunity to give thanks to its loyal customers, regularly serving more than 250,000 meals annually. This initiative is an important part of H-E-B’s Hunger Relief Program, which works year-round to prevent hunger in the more than 300 communities H-E-B serves.
Last year, H-E-B’s Hunger Relief Program donated 33 million pounds of food to families in need, which equates to approximately 25 million meals. Since 1982, the year the program was founded, H-E-B has donated more than 1 billion pounds of food to 5,500 non-profit organizations in Texas and Mexico.