FORT HOOD, TX — Fort Hood officials requested that residents on Post conserve water as extreme weather continues through Central Texas.
Although they say there is still plenty of water in Lake Belton, due to power and equipment issues, the water district can only get it out to residents so quickly.
Here are some tips they recommend residents do for water conservation:
1. Report leaking or broken pipes to the Directorate of Public Works at (254) 287-2113.
2. Turn off dripping faucets when the temperature reaches 30-degrees F. Only resume dripping when the temperature drops below 30-degrees.
3. Drip faucets into containers, especially pots, in case boil water notices are needed.
4. Avoid using washing machines and dishwashers, as these appliances use a significant amount of water.
5. Store at least 1-gallon of water per person per day for hygiene purposes.