HometownBell County

Actions

Unoccupied home damaged in fire after electrical malfunction

thumbnail_IMG_20191007_073401.jpg
Posted at 5:49 PM, Oct 07, 2019
and last updated 2019-10-07 18:49:49-04

TEMPLE, TX — An unoccupied home in Temple was heavily damaged in a fire after an electrical malfunction.

According to Temple Fire & Rescue, firefighters responded to a reported house fire at 1014 South 47th Street around 6:30 a.m. Monday.

When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke and fire conditions from the roof and kitchen areas of the home. Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

Temple Fire & Rescue says the home sustained heavy damage from both smoke and fire.

The home was unoccupied and no one was injured.

Investigators determined the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction with the main electrical power system of the home. The total estimated monetary loss is $20,000.