TEMPLE, TX — Buc-ee's confirms their Temple store location recently had two employees test positive for COVID-19.
"The procedures in place identified the employees were exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, and the employees were sent home," the company said in a statement.
Buc-ee's says after reviewing video from more than 120 in-store cameras, they have identified any employees that were in close contact with these employees and notified them to self-quarantine.
"In addition, we further determined that no merchandise had been contaminated. The health department was made aware of this event and did not recommend any additional actions."
Buc-ee's says throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Buc-ee’s has implemented rigorous health and safety guidelines and sanitation procedures to protect our employees and customers, including the following:
• Monitoring all employees for any symptoms of COVID-19
• Checking the body temperature of all employees at all facilities upon arrival to work
• Requiring any employee displaying fever, coughing or shortness of breath to leave work and not return until all CDC guidelines for returning to work are satisfied
• Installing transparent shields at all locations where staff and customers interact
• Providing social distancing guidance through floor stickers
• Increasing the frequency of surface cleaning and using disinfectant cleaner on all touchable surfaces
• Ensuring that employees work positions are set to prevent contact within 6 feet of any person
• Increasing availability of hand sanitizer to employees at all workstations
• Mandating that all employees wash their hands with soap and water at least every hour
• Posting signs requesting that all customers wash their hands in our restrooms prior to shopping in the store
• Requiring employees to wear face coverings
• Frequent cleaning and sanitization of stores with FDA approved cleaning materials during each shift R