KILLEEN, TX — Peebles Elementary said that students were evacuated after wires were sparking on campus.
Principal Carol Correa said that fire alarms went off, and students were evacuated from all buildings and portables on campus.
The fire department responded, and they believe that electrical wire may have snapped causing sparks.
The school was given the all clear to allow students to come back into the campus.
They said staff and students in portables have been moved inside the main building until further notice.
Everyone at the school is safe, they said.