KILLEEN, TX — The Killeen Police Department is investigating several burglaries at churches over the weekend.
Officers were told that an unknown person(s) forced entry into the buildings and vandalized them, also stealing property.
The suspect targeted the following:
1. Freedom Fellowship Center located at 813 S. WS Young Drive
2. Abundant Life Church of God located at 1210 Florence Road
3. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints located at 1410 S. 2nd Street
4. Killeen Spanish Seventh-Day Adventist Church located at 3705 Zephyr Road
5. Marlboro Heights Baptist Church located at 800 R A Abercrombie Drive
6. Cal Community Center located at 1002 Jeffries Avenue
On Sunday, officers were dispatched to the Cal Community Center located at 1002 Jeffries Avenue in reference to a burglary.
Officers were in the area and located a suspect matching the description provided to them from previous reports.
At approximately 1:29 p.m., the suspect was detained and arrested without incident and transported to the Killeen City Jail.
This case was presented for review to the Bell County District Attorney’s Office on Tuesday, June 30 and a complaint was returned charging Chad Michael Carrion, 31, with Burglary of a Building.
Carrion was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Garland Potvin who set his bond at $50,000. Carrion is currently is the Bell County Jail. These burglaries continue to be investigated and additional charges are pending.