HometownBell County

Actions

Fire caused by grease displaces 14 people in Killeen

Fire
Posted at 11:01 AM, Mar 28, 2019
and last updated 2019-03-28 22:46:06-04

KILLEEN, TX — Fourteen people were displaced from their homes on Thursday after a fire broke out at an apartment in Killeen.

Killeen Fire Department said two engines, a rescue truck and an aerial truck were all used to help put out the fire, which broke out around 3:30 a.m.

A large fire was found in the upstairs apartment of 2012 Cedar Hill Dr., which was contained upstairs and extinguished. Other apartments received smoke and water damage.

The fire department said the fire was accidental and caused by an unattended pot of grease that was left on the stove.

The Red Cross will assist in providing clothing, food, housing and financial help to the 14 people who were displaced by the fire.