HometownBell County

Actions

Extension cord sparks house fire in Temple

Untitled design - 2019-08-14T163628.839.png
Untitled design - 2019-08-14T163648.101.png
Posted at 4:47 PM, Aug 14, 2019
and last updated 2019-08-14 17:47:49-04

TEMPLE, TX — An extension cord sparked a house fire in Temple, causing an estimated loss of $20,000.

According to Temple Fire & Rescue, firefighters responded to a reported house fire at 1921 Linwood Road around 11:44 a.m Wednesday.

When firefighters arrived, they noticed light smoke coming from the front door of the home. Temple Fire & Rescue says the fire was located in the back bedroom and was quickly extinguished.

Damage was confined to the bedroom with light smoke damage through the home.

All occupants were out of the home when firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.

The five occupants have been displaced. Temple Fire & Rescue determined the fire was caused by improper use of an electrical extension cord. The total estimated loss is $20,000.