KILLEEN, TX — The City of Killeen has scheduled to remove and replace pavement markings on multiple streets across the city.
According to the City, the new pavement markings will improve mobility and safety.
The affected streets include:
- WS Young Drive, from Stagecoach Road to Elms Road
- Trimmier Road, from Stan Schlueter Loop to Elms Road
- Trimmier Road, from Jasper Drive to Terrace Drive
- Elms Road, from SH 195 to Stan Schlueter Loop
- Elms Road, from John Haedge Drive to Littlerock Road
- Illinois Avenue, from I-14 to WS Young Drive
- Westcliff Road, from 60th Street to WS Young Drive
- Rosewood Drive, from Stagecoach Road to I-14
- N. Roy Reynolds Drive, from Rancier Avenue to Westcliff Road
Construction on the streets will take place on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. According to the City, weather permitting, each location will take approximately two days to complete. The City estimates that all of the affected streets will be repaved by early August.
Roads will remain open to through traffic, however vehicles will be routed around work areas.