The 100 Club of Central Texas is honoring first responders for outstanding acts of service by showcasing videos during the next six weeks beginning on May 6, 2020, at 11:00 a.m.
These videos recognize local heroes for their service above and beyond the call of duty.
Typically, the honorees are recognized at the annual Awards Banquet in the spring. For the first time in the Club’s thirty-seven-year history, the ceremony was canceled due to COVID-19.
Belton Police officer Glenn Bennett is a recipient of the Outstanding Law Enforcement Officer award.
“We are pleased to honor these men and women who define and exemplify what being a public servant is all about,” said Billy Bryan, Club Board Chair. “Now, more than ever, it is extremely important to recognize and remember the sacrifices of our dedicated first responders who continue to serve our communities. The recent tragedy in San Marcos involving the murder of San Marcos Police Officer Justin Putnam and serious injury of San Marcos Police Officers Justin Mueller and Franco Stewart serves as a stark reminder of the risks faced by first responders every day”.
The first of six award videos will be shared on the Club's official Facebook and Twitter pages on April 28th at 11a CST with additional videos being shared at the same time on Wednesday for the following six weeks.
This year’s award recipients are:
Outstanding Administrative Technician: Kim Rendon, Round Rock Police Department
- Christopher Wood, Lake Travis Fire Rescue
- Justin LaPree, Austin Fire Department
Outstanding Law Enforcement Officer: Glenn Bennett, Belton Police Department
Outstanding Team: Buda Fire Department and Hays County Sheriff’s Office (12 participants)
- Alex Haefner, Buda Fire Department
- Ray Nerio, Buda Fire Department
- Stephen Ramirez, Buda Fire Department
- Carlos Rocha, Buda Fire Department
- Abel Gonzales, Buda Fire Department
- Julio Martinez, Buda Fire Department
- Haley Campbell, Hays County Sheriff’s Office
- Alyssa Denofre, Buda Fire Department
- Stacy Johnston, Hays County Sheriff’s Office
- Ryan Hayden, Hays County Sheriff’s Office
- Rodrigo DeLeon, Hays County Sheriff’s Office
- Abraham Palomo, Hays County Sheriff’s Office
Lifetime Achievement: Heidi Wittie, Austin Police Department
Club Chair Award: Chris Connealy, WilCo Emergency Services
Guardian Angel Awards
- Kyle Dimmitt, Pflugerville Police Department
- Charles Sanford, Bastrop Police Department
- Erika Simmons, Buda Police Department
- Justin Torres, Hutto Fire Department
- Jacob Pope, Hutto Fire Department
- Chris Mank, Hutto Fire Department
- Brian Ruden, Hutto Fire Department