BELL COUNTY, TX — Bell County governments will not offer sheltering services for evacuees ahead of Hurricane Laura.
Officials say the COVID-19 situation in Texas has forced the state and county to adjust sheltering plans.
The primary sheltering sites for people evacuating on state-provided buses will be in the major cities of Austin, San Antonio and the DFW Metroplex.
Evacuees are asked to go to the following reception centers for resources:
- San Antonio: 254 Gembler Road, San Antonio 78219
- Austin: Circuit of the Americas, 9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd, Austin 78617
- Dallas-Fort Worth: Mesquite Reception Center, 15515 E IH 20, Mesquite 75181
- Silsbee Middle School: 1140 TX-327, Silsbee 77656
- Nacogdoches Civic Center: 3805 NW Stallings Dr., Nacogdoches 75964
There will not be congregate sheltering in Bell County.
Officials have received reports of many people elf-evacuating from the southeast Texas area and checking into Bell County hotels. Most of those people are doing so at their own expense or have been issued expense vouchers by FEMA.
Local governments will not be providing sheltering services in Bell County for the storm.
If you know someone who needs additional sheltering information they may call 211 for additional information.