HometownBell County

Actions

Family of six in Temple displaced after dryer fire

Posted: 2:25 AM, May 10, 2019
Updated: 2019-05-10 14:20:04Z
0510 TEMPLE DRYER FIRE.jpg

TEMPLE, TX — A family of six is displaced Friday morning after a late-night fire.

Temple Fire & Rescue responded to the 1000 block of S. 29th Street just before 11:00 P.M. Thursday.

Officials say a child in the home discovered the fire and notified a parent.

When firefighters arrived, they found everyone safely outside the single-story home.

They were able to enter the home and quickly extinguish the flames.

Investigators determined the fire started in a clothes dryer, and it has been ruled unintentional.

Temple Police and EMS also responded.

The house received smoke damage, but no one was hurt.

The home did have working smoke alarms.

The dollar loss to the home and its contents has not yet been determined.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.