COLLEGE STATION, TX — Texas A&M has released their latest tool to keep Aggies' safe!
The Code Maroon App.
Featuring a number of new safety tools, the app includes a feature called, 'Friend Walk'.
Using this app feature, Aggies' may walk across Brazos with added comfort now, as the 'Friend Walk' feature, will allow them to send their location to their roommate, a friend, a lab partner, a life partner, and of course... their parents!
How it works:
- Tap the “Friend Walk” button in the App and choose a contact.
- Your contact will receive a text message with a link. Once they click the link, they will see a map with your active location.
- Set your destination and start moving.
- Use the cross-hairs to select a final destination on the map.
- Your contact will see your destination and be able to track your progress.
- At any time on your journey, you can hit the “Emergency Button” to notify your contact to make an emergency call.
- Finish your trip and disconnect. Once you’ve safely reached your destination, click “Finish Trip” to complete your Friend Walk.
Note: The 'Friend Walk' feature, can work anywhere, as long as you have a data connection and your location services are turned on.
Other features include, the following!
Mobile Blue Light, a feature that works anywhere and contacts the nearest 911 dispatch in your area.
If you are on campus, the call will be transferred to University Police.
Emergency Procedures, allows one to quickly review University procedures for many emergency situations, including an active shooter, bomb threat, suspicious behavior, receipt of a suspicious letter or package, severe weather, fire, airborne and food-borne illnesses, and gas leaks.
Emergency Contacts, holds direct links to 911, University, Bryan and College Station police departments, and Texas A&M EMS.
Safety Toolbox, allows one to send an email with a map of your exact location, or send an “I’m OK” message to friends or family members. A flashlight is also included in the toolbox.
Campus Map Library, provides immediate access to the official Texas A&M University campus, transit and parking maps.
To view the app in action, click here!