COLLEGE STATION, TX — The City of College Station's Economic Assistance Grant Program, is designed to aid small local businesses with over $400,000 in approved federal Community Development Block Grant funds.
Still accepting new applicants, interested businesses owners have until Feb 3. to receive up to $50,000; that of which, will come with no fees.
However, if selected for aid, said businesses must, " retain at least one full-time equivalent, permanent job, for each $35,000 in funds," according to the City of College Station's official website.
To be considered, qualifying businesses must provide the following documentation:
- A profit/loss statement for the previous year and a tax return demonstrating profitability
- Three-month average payroll
- Business situation narrative that addresses how the funds would impact operations
- The year the business was established
- Evidence that business revenues were affected by disaster declarations
- After the funds are received, provide affidavits of income for LMI employees
As of Feb 2021, business may receive no more than one grant per calendar year.
How to apply:
1) Register as a new vendor at Brazos Valley e-Marketplace by clicking “Supplier Registration.”
2) Select the commodity code of Miscellaneous/ Miscellaneous
3) Download the RFA
Note: Vendors with more than one business will need to set-up separate accounts for each business using a different phone number, or tax ID number
For additional assistance, applicants are encouraged to call 866-277-2645 (Ext. 4).