'Golf Cart Granny' celebrates 100th birthday - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

'Golf Cart Granny' celebrates 100th birthday

CLIFTON, TX (KXXV) -

Faye Wallace, also known as "Golf Cart Granny," of Clifton turns 100 years old on Sunday and 250 people are invited to celebrate.

"Like I say, keep busy and keep going,” Wallace said of her long life. “Don't sit down. You'll die if you sit down."

Wallace lost her license two or three years ago, because she couldn’t pass her vision test. Then an idea hit her.

“Mother said, ‘I want a street-ready golf cart, and I want it now,’” Wallace’s oldest son P.D. Wallace said. “So I went to Valley Mills and bought one, and got it street-ready, and she had it within two or three days.”

Since then, Wallace has driven all over the small Bosque County town, but her most common stops are church and her volunteer job at Meals on Wheels.

"Faye Wallace is one of the loveliest people in the community of Clifton and in this church, and one of the loveliest people I've ever known,” Wallace’s pastor at First United Methodist Church of Clifton, Mary Jean Cope said.

"It's given her freedom,” Meals on Wheels of Clifton Director Penny Blue said of Wallace’s golf cart. “I think that would be the worst thing... being tied down and not having transportation."

It’s clear that Wallace couldn’t agree more.

"I love my golf cart,” Wallace said. “I love it. It just takes me everywhere I want to go. Takes me to church. Takes me to the grocery store. Everywhere I want to go."

Trump returns to 'Witch Hunt' tweets against Mueller probe

Monday, July 23 2018 2:25 AM EDT2018-07-23 06:25:08 GMT
    Monday, July 23 2018 11:08 AM EDT2018-07-23 15:08:57 GMT
    (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster). President Donald Trump waves as he boards Air Force One at Morristown Municipal Airport, in Morristown, N.J., Sunday, July 22, 2018, en route to Washington after staying at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J.(AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster). President Donald Trump waves as he boards Air Force One at Morristown Municipal Airport, in Morristown, N.J., Sunday, July 22, 2018, en route to Washington after staying at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J.

President Donald Trump has returned to referring to "a big hoax" after a week of drama, back tracking and a double negative about his attitude toward Russian election interference.

White House blames Iran for war of words with Trump

Monday, July 23 2018 12:35 AM EDT2018-07-23 04:35:01 GMT
    Monday, July 23 2018 11:08 AM EDT2018-07-23 15:08:34 GMT
    President Donald Trump issued an all-caps warning via Twitter to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani overnight. (Source: CNN)President Donald Trump issued an all-caps warning via Twitter to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani overnight. (Source: CNN)

Trump has a history of firing off heated tweets that seem to quickly escalate long-standing disputes with leaders of nations at odds with the U.S.

Zuckerberg's Holocaust comment puts Facebook on the spot

Wednesday, July 18 2018 6:08 PM EDT2018-07-18 22:08:46 GMT
    Monday, July 23 2018 10:51 AM EDT2018-07-23 14:51:44 GMT
    Mark Zuckerberg says he doesn't believe Holocaust denial content should be banned from Facebook. (Source: CNN)Mark Zuckerberg says he doesn't believe Holocaust denial content should be banned from Facebook. (Source: CNN)

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says that while he finds Holocaust denial "deeply offensive," he doesn't believe that such content should be banned from Facebook.