Belton family, dog displaced after garage fire - KXXV Central Texas News Now

Belton family, dog displaced after garage fire

(Source: Sparta Volunteer Fire Department) (Source: Sparta Volunteer Fire Department)
(Source: Sparta Volunteer Fire Department) (Source: Sparta Volunteer Fire Department)
BELL COUNTY, TX (KXXV) -

A Belton family and their dog were without a home Sunday after an early-morning fire.

Firefighters got the call about 6:15 a.m. for reports of a fire at a home on Eagle Point View West Avenue in Belton.

The fire started in the garage, Central Bell Fire & Rescue Lt. Carlson said. The garage was a total loss.

The house also had heavy smoke damage, Carlson said.

Two adults, two children, and a dog were displaced, Sparta Volunteer Fire Department Chief Matthew Mullins said.

No one was hurt.

The American Red Cross was at the scene assisting the family.

Copyright 2017 KXXV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly