Tipped-over candle ignites house fire in Rosebud - KXXV Central Texas News Now

Tipped-over candle ignites house fire in Rosebud

ROSEBUD, TX (KXXV) -

Fire crews in Rosebud battled a fire that was ignited by a tipped-over candle on Tuesday morning. 

Fire officials said when they arrived at the house on Avenue A and S. Stallworth St. around 8 a.m., the home was visibly in flames. 

The 21-year-old grandson of the homeowner was inside the home at the time, which was said to be unoccupied with no working utilities.

The man was using a candle that tipped over, causing the fire. He was slightly burned but refused treatment. 

Officials added that the homeowner canceled the insurance policy on the home last week. 

Copyright 2018 KXXV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly