Rechargeable battery causes afternoon fire in Temple, displaces - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

TEMPLE

Rechargeable battery causes afternoon fire in Temple, displaces two families

TEMPLE, TX (KXXV) - Investigators say a rechargeable battery for a radio controlled model airplane is what started a fire at a Temple apartment Tuesday afternoon.

Temple Fire & Rescue crews responded to a fire call at about 3 p.m. at Pecan Pointe Apartments. Firefighters saw smoke coming from the apartment, and were able to quickly locate the flames and extinguish them.

Firefighters credit the building's fire sprinkler system with limiting the fire damage to the one apartment, which received a little fire damage, along with moderate smoke and water damage. One downstairs apartment also received water damage.

No injuries were reported, but the fire displaced two families. The apartment is making arrangements to house those families.

The fire, which was under control by 3:21 p.m., was ruled unintentional. Investigators say a rechargeable battery for a radio controlled model airplane is what started the blaze.

Temple PD and Scott & White EMS also responded to the call.
Powered by Frankly