No. 3 seed Baylor soccer face No. 7 TCU on Friday at 7 p.m. CT in the semifinals of the 2016 Big 12 Soccer Championship at Swope Soccer Village.
The match will feature live stats and video on Big12Sports.com. Twitter updates will also be provided on the @BaylorFutbol official account.
Fri., Nov. 4 vs. TCU @ 7 p.m.
Swope Soccer Village
2016 Record: 12-6-1
2016 Big 12 Record: 4-3-1
Head Coach: Paul Jobson
Career: 21-12-5 (2nd season)
BU: 21-12-5 (2nd season)
TCU HORNED FROGS
2016 Record: 11-5-2
2016 Big 12 Record: 2-5-1
Head Coach: Eric Bell
Career: 40-40-16 (5th season)
TCU: 40-40-16 (5th season)
BAYLOR QUICK NOTES
* With a 1-0 win over No. 6 seed Oklahoma State on Nov. 2 in the first round of the 2016 Big 12 Soccer Championship after a two-hour delayed start due to lightning, No. 3 seed Baylor reached the 12-win plateau for the third time in the last six years and seventh time in 21 seasons as a program – first since going 19-1-5 in 2012.
* Junior goalkeeper Sara Martinson earned her 11th win of the season vs. Oklahoma State on Nov. 2 and 20th of her career – she now ranks tied for seventh on BU’s single season wins list. She also posted her sixth shutout of the season and 11th of her career – she now ranks tied for eighth on BU’s single season shutouts list and fourth in career shutouts.
* Baylor has won at least one match in the Big 12 Championship nine times in 14 appearances and has done so five years in a row.
* Baylor is 10-10-3 all-time in the Big 12 Championship and 6-3-3 under the Jobsons.
* Baylor is 1-0-1 against TCU in the Big 12 Championship (won 4-1 in 2012 to win title and tied 1-1 but advanced on 7-6 shootout in 2015 first round).
* Baylor has qualified for 14 of a possible 21 Big 12 Championships and seven of nine under the Jobsons, including six in a row.
* Baylor is undefeated in 25 of its last 33 matches, dating back to the 2015 season.
* Baylor has 49 shutouts over the last four seasons (eight in 2016).
* Baylor is 40-2-3 when scoring first since 2013.
* Among NCAA leaders, Baylor ranks 33rd in goals against average (0.712, second in Big 12).
* Among individual leaders, sophomore forward Lauren Piercy ranks 16th in the NCAA in game-winning goals (5, first in Big 12). Martinson ranks 42nd in goals against average (0.749, second in Big 12) and 68th in shutouts (6, third in Big 12).
* Baylor holds large edges over its foes in goals (31-14), shots (277-140), shots on goal (133-55) and corners kicks (94-77).