No. 24 Baylor soccer ends regular season play this weekend with home matches on Friday at 7 p.m. CT against Iowa State and Sunday at 1 p.m. versus Kansas on FOX Sports Southwest.
Both matches will feature live stats on BaylorBears.com and Friday's game will have a live audio stream via Baylor All-Access on BaylorBears.com. Twitter updates will also be provided on the @BaylorFutbol official account.
Fri., Oct. 21 vs. ISU @ 7 p.m.
Betty Lou Mays Field (3,000)
Sun., Oct. 23 vs. KU @ 1 p.m.
Betty Lou Mays Field (3,000)
Video: FOX Sports Southwest
2016 Record: 11-4-1
2016 Big 12 Record: 4-1-1
Head Coach: Paul Jobson
Career: 20-10-5 (2nd season)
BU: 20-10-5 (2nd season)
IOWA STATE CYCLONES
2016 Record: 8-6-1
2016 Big 12 Record: 2-3-1
Head Coach: Tony Minatta
Career: 21-30-1 (3rd season)
ISU: 21-30-1 (3rd season)
2016 Record: 8-4-3
2016 Big 12 Record: 3-1-1
Head Coach: Mark Francis
Career: 229-171-28 (21st season)
KU: 196-146-27 (18th season)
BAYLOR QUICK NOTES
* Baylor earned a No. 24 ranking in this week’s NSCAA top 25 poll, marking the first time the Bears have been ranked since the 2013 season, when BU was as high as No. 9 and low as No. 20 from Aug. 23-Oct. 4.
* Baylor has won three matches in a row for the second time this season (four, Aug. 26-Sept. 4).
* Baylor has won three straight Big 12 matches for the first time since Oct. 25-Nov. 6, 2013.
* Baylor is 127-48-23 all-time at home, 57-16-12 under the Jobsons and 5-0-1 in 2016. In their last 11 matches at home the Bears are undefeated with a 9-0-2 mark (last loss was 2-1 vs. Michigan State on Aug. 25, 2015).
* Baylor reached the 11-win plateau for the fifth time in the last seven years and ninth time in 21 seasons as a program -- first time since going 11-6-3 in 2013.
* Baylor reached the four-win plateau in Big 12 play for the second straight season, fifth time in the last seven seasons and 11th time in 21 seasons as a program.
* Baylor is undefeated in 24 of its last 30 matches, dating back to the 2015 season.
* Baylor is 6-4-0 on the road in 2016.
* Against NSCAA ranked opponents, Baylor is 3-7-5 since 2012 (prior to win at No. 22 Oklahoma Oct. 7, BU’s last win over a ranked opponent was at No. 23 BYU, 2-1, Sept. 1, 2014), 3-16-6 under the Jobsons, 12-57-7 since the program started in 1996 and 1-1-0 in 2016.
* Baylor has 48 shutouts over the last four seasons (seven in 2016).
* Baylor is 39-2-3 when scoring first since 2013.
* Among NCAA leaders, Baylor ranks 21st in goals against average (0.608), 32nd in assists (30), 43rd in points (88), 58th in goals (29) and 64th in shutout percentage (0.438).
* Among Big 12 leaders, Baylor is second in points, goals against average, shots on goal per game (7.00) and goals, third in assists and shutout percentage, and fourth in goals per game (1.81).
* Among individual leaders, sophomore forward Lauren Piercy ranks eighth in the NCAA in game-winning goals (5, first in Big 12). Junior goalkeeper Sara Martinson ranks 30th in goals against average (0.637, second in Big 12) and 64th in shutouts (5, fourth in Big 12). Sophomore midfielders Julie James and Sarah King rank 104th in assists (5, third in Big 12).
* Baylor holds large edges over its foes in goals (29-10), shots (235-112), shots on goal (112-42) and corners (83-67).