- Parks are open for day use and limited camping.
- All state parks that can be are open for day use and limited camping.
- You must reserve day passes online or by calling (512) 389-8900 before you arrive.
- Parks headquarters, stores, visitor centers and group sites are closed.
- We are not taking new camping reservations at this time.
- Guidelines to follow when you visit:
- Masks and face coverings are strongly encouraged in state parks, but not required.
- Six-foot social distancing is required.
- No groups larger than five people are allowed, except for families or people living in the same household.
- See more guidelines and tips to plan your visit.
Check the Texas State Parks Alert map for the latest park conditions.
- Some fishing access points are closed.
- Local Neighborhood Fishin' parks will still be stocked with channel catfish.
- As always, a valid fishing license is required. Purchase fishing and hunting licenses online.
- You must follow Texas fishing regulations, which can be found in the Outdoor Annual.
- Sea Center Texas is closed.
- Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center is closed.
- Some boating access points are closed.
- Find contact information for waterbody controlling authorities for most large lakes in the Texas Lake Finder.
- Boater education online courses are available.
- License and Boat Registration counter is closed at Austin Headquarters.
- Law Enforcement offices are closed.
- See available online boat registration options.
- Mail-in Boat Requests Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to:
TPWD Boat Section4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744.
See list of boat forms.
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
Wildlife Management Areas
- Campgrounds at TPWD Wildlife Management Areas will be closed to overnight camping beginning at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 7th.
- Winners of drawn hunts need to contact the hunt managers for further information.