Cleaning cloths spontaneously catch on fire at McDonald's - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

Cleaning cloths spontaneously catch on fire at McDonald's

Temple Fire responded with seven units and 18 personnel. (Source: Temple Fire & Rescue) Temple Fire responded with seven units and 18 personnel. (Source: Temple Fire & Rescue)
The fire broke out around 3:15 p.m. (Source: Temple Fire & Rescue) The fire broke out around 3:15 p.m. (Source: Temple Fire & Rescue)
No one was injured in the fire. (Source: Temple Fire & Rescue) No one was injured in the fire. (Source: Temple Fire & Rescue)
TEMPLE, TX (KXXV) -

A spontaneous fire caused by cleaning cloths broke out at McDonald's in Temple on Thursday.

Temple Fire & Rescue said firefighters saw light smoke from a door at the back of the building, located at 1601 W. Adams Ave. 

The fire crews were able to extinguish the small fire in the storage room. Damage from the fire was limited to the room. 

Fire investigators said the fire was unintentional and started from spontaneous combustion of improperly stored cleaning cloths.

The restaurant was closed for about an hour Thursday afternoon.

There were no injuries and everyone safely evacuated the restaurant.

Copyright 2018 KXXV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly