Temple HS celebrates success of CTE programs - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

Temple HS celebrates success of CTE programs

TEMPLE, TX (KXXV) -

Temple High School Career and Technical Education, or CTE, program is one of the best in the state and they're celebrating that with a new, state of the art building.

Thursday morning, Temple ISD and American Constructors "topped" off the new 113,000  square foot CTE building that will be complete next summer.

"We're building to take care of a program that's already grown and done very well," Temple ISD Superintendent Robin Battershell said.

More than 80 percent of Temple High School students partake in CTE courses, programs Superintendent Battershell says a lot of thought went into developing.

"I really went to our employers and said what do you need from us so we can provide you a workforce?" Battershell added.

Temple High School students intern with employers across the city. Luis Rodriguez and Jack Miller, two class of 2018 graduates, have already secured full-time jobs with Temple Machine Shop where they were interns.

"It was an open door for me as soon as I got out. As soon as I started working here, I fell in love with the job," Luis Rodriguez said.

Miller sees it as a stepping stone.

"Work every day, save money for college and just be ready for what's next in my life," Jack Miller said.

Jacob Eubanks, on the other hand, graduated from the CTE welding program in 2016 and has already started his own welding business.

"I don't think I'd be here today, where I am right now, without the CTE program," Jacob Eubanks said. "Hopefully it's gonna get bigger and just go do bigger things and bigger projects."

All of their success provides current CTE students like  Angel Burgos Castillo confidence for their future in the program.

"They were where I'm at right now... and I think it makes our school look good because it makes the program look good."

Amazon raising price of annual Prime membership to $119

Thursday, April 26 2018 5:59 PM EDT2018-04-26 21:59:01 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:11 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:11:54 GMT
    Amazon has ventured into other business areas including, shipping and medical care, and now banking. (Source: AMAZON/CNN)Amazon has ventured into other business areas including, shipping and medical care, and now banking. (Source: AMAZON/CNN)

Amazon says it will hike up the price of its Prime membership fee by 20 percent next month.

Trump's Cohen comments raise questions about relationship

Thursday, April 26 2018 9:18 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:18:48 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:10 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:10:57 GMT
    President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)

President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him "with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal" and that "from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong."

Suspect in serial killings was obsessed with lawn care

Thursday, April 26 2018 2:39 AM EDT2018-04-26 06:39:08 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:09 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:09:25 GMT
    (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli). Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones, left, talks to reporters about the arrest Joesph James DeAngelo, seen in photo, on suspicion of committing a string of violent crimes in the 1970's and 1980's after a news conference. ...(AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli). Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones, left, talks to reporters about the arrest Joesph James DeAngelo, seen in photo, on suspicion of committing a string of violent crimes in the 1970's and 1980's after a news conference. ...

The suspected Golden State Killer became less prolific but deadlier after losing his job as a police officer.