Malfunctioning tablet battery causes Temple apartment fire - KXXV Central Texas News Now

Malfunctioning tablet battery causes Temple apartment fire

TEMPLE, TX (KXXV) -

Temple Fire investigators have determined that a malfunctioning computer tablet battery caused an apartment fire that left one resident without a home.

Temple firefighters responded around 1:30 p.m. to an apartment on West Avenue E with heavy smoke coming from the single-story, wood frame apartment. One man received minor injuries escaping the fire before firefighters entered the apartment. The fire was under control within 15 minutes and extinguished, preventing damage to four other apartments.

The one bedroom apartment suffered fire, smoke, and heat damage estimated at $7500, and the Red Cross is assisting the displaced resident. 

Powered by Frankly