Cigarette lighter starts Temple fire - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

TEMPLE

Cigarette lighter starts Temple fire

Posted:
Photo Courtesy: Temple Fire and Rescue Photo Courtesy: Temple Fire and Rescue
TEMPLE - Temple Fire and Rescue officials say a Temple fire started after the resident used a cigarette lighter to look for something near the bed.

Crews with Temple Fire and Rescue responded to a house fire in the 600 block of West Downs Ave., just after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 9. First units on the scene saw light smoke showing from the front door of a one story apartment. Firefighters went into the home and extinguished a burning mattress.

The fire was under control at 5:15 p.m. There were no reported injuries, and the one person displaced is planning to stay with relatives.

Investigators say the fire has been ruled unintentional, as the mattress caught fire when the resident used a cigarette lighter to look for an item near the bed. The resident was not able to put out the fire with a portable fire extinguisher. The fire caused an estimated $2,000 in losses.

Temple Police and Scott & White EMS also responded to the call.
Powered by WorldNow

News Channel 25 KXXV-TV
P.O. Box 2522
Waco, TX 76702

Phone Numbers:
Main: 254-754-2525
Tip Line: 254-757-2525

Links
Contact Us
KXXV Employment Opportunites
FCC Filings
Advertise on KXXV

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXXV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.