Area school evacuated because of smoke scare - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

TEMPLE

Area school evacuated because of smoke scare

Posted:
TEMPLE - Thornton Elementary in Temple ISD was evacuated for a short time Friday morning after a school official says a kid playing with a lighter caught some toilet paper on fire in a bathroom.

The children and staff were evacuated to make sure everyone was safe.

It happened about 7:30 a.m. No one was hurt and no damage was reported.

The fire was put out and the kids are now back inside.
Powered by WorldNow

News Channel 25 KXXV-TV
P.O. Box 2522
Waco, TX 76702

Phone Numbers:
Main: 254-754-2525
Tip Line: 254-757-2525

Links
Contact Us
KXXV Employment Opportunites
FCC Filings
Advertise on KXXV

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXXV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.