Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
NEW YORK, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Southeast Asia Automation Services Market
Benefits of Technological Upgrades would be Vital in Determining Automation Services Revenue
This study titled-Southeast Asia Automation Services Market discusses the revenue generated by the automation services across Southeast Asia. The companies covered in this study are all automation vendors(almost all of them being multinationals) and the objective has been to identify the major end users(projects currently in operation in each industry). The study also forecasts revenue and the growth rates until 2018.
• The Automation Services market is likely to register a CAGR of X percent between 2012 and 2018 across Southeast Asia. The total revenue generated in the Automation Services market were $X million in 2012. This is likely to reach $X million by 2018.
• Most large automation vendors offer complete support to retain demand for future projects and upgrade their services as and when required. With increase in contribution of services to total automation revenue and focus on maintenance services by the end users, automation vendors see a new facelift.
• Retrofits are gaining importance across Southeast Asia, as several older projects are giving way to newer installations.
• Indonesia is one of the major contributors to automation revenue. The country also has a sizeable mining industry, which is likely to generate opportunities for retrofits. There are very few countries in the region, besides Australia, that offer such potential.
• Though cheaper, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), with their limited turnaround time, tend to present more challenges to end users and vendors than more intricate systems such as Distributed Control System (DCS). Since these are the fundamental parts of an automation system, they are replaced with varying requirement.
• Growing need for security and resource optimization means that new systems have to comply with additional protocols to gain acceptance. Such norms will become critical in future upgrades.
1. The Automation Services market across Southeast Asia(SEA) is witnessing a growth rate of X percent, with growth expected to come from developing countries such as Indonesia and Thailand.
2. Major investment in oil and gas, chemicals and petrochemicals, and water industries point out the immense opportunities for automation vendors in these industries.
3. Automation manufacturers are faced with several issues regarding configuration and consistency while trying to deploy/upgrade automation systems. Understanding of specific requirements of end users become very critical during such times.
4. Automation vendors are aggressively targeting conventional industries that use automation systems. It is believed that retrofits will play a vital role in future with companies looking to meet large-scale requirements.
Scope of Study
• The Philippines
• Oil and Gas
• Chemicals and Petrochemicals
• Food and Beverage
• Metals and Mining
• Pulp and Paper
• Others (include water and wastewater, automotive, marine and cement)
These include services rendered toward conceptual designing and defining the major requirements of the plant automation. Once the design is conceptualized, the front end engineering and design is completed and client's approval is sought. Consulting can be regarding safety, risk management, legal issues, and so on.
Project Engineering and Installation Services
This is the second stage in the deployment of an automation system. This happens after the conceptual design is finalized and then the installation begins.
Maintenance and Support Services
In this stage, the complete product know-how is transferred to the end user. Retrofits are made to an existing system to enhance productivity, meet increasing demands, compliance, and others. Repairs and maintenance is a part of maintenance services. Most market participants offer service packages such as preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance and on call service. Other service options can range from simple phone and web support to comprehensive system support, continuous monitoring, etc.
These are outsourced management services where the service provider acts as a contractor.
Oil and Gas
This includes exploration and extraction of petroleum products..
Chemicals and Petrochemicals
This includes basic chemicals (organic and inorganic), specialty chemicals, fine chemicals, and petrochemicals.
This includes power generating plants-wind, hydroelectric, nuclear, and so on. New users such as biomass also fall into this category.
Pulp and Paper
This includes paper manufacturing and processing firms that use wood as raw material and produce pulp, board and other cellulose-based products.
Food and Beverage
This includes plants that transform livestock and agricultural products for immediate consumption.
Metals and Mining
This includes extraction of minerals from the ore, their transportation and processing.
This covers the water and wastewater(recycling plants, processing/treatment plants, and so on), pharmaceuticals, electronics and semiconductor, and the machine building industry. Newer users include those in the energy industry, such as biomass, which also falls within the category of power.
Historical data is from 2009 to 2011. The base year of this study is 2012, and the forecast period extends from 2013 to 2018.
All revenue is specified in US dollars.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Who are the major end users driving the Automation Services Market?
What factors do end users look at while approaching an automation vendor for retrofits and other services?
What is the market potential for automation services? How big is the market currently and where is it headed in the coming years?
Which are the countries that are witnessing major replacements and upgrades of their automation systems?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Automation Services Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecasts and Trends
o Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. The CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
5. Singapore Breakdown
6. Malaysia Breakdown
7. Indonesia Breakdown
8. Thailand Breakdown
9. Vietnam Breakdown
10. The Philippines Breakdown
11. End-user Forecast Analysis
12. The Last Word
To order this report: Southeast Asia Automation Services Market
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.