Man injured as fire breaks out in Mart home - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

MART

Man injured as fire breaks out in Mart home

Posted:
MART - The brisk winds fanned the flames as firefighters worked to put out a house fire in Mart Thursday afternoon about 3 p.m.

A family of three was inside the wood-frame home on North Carpenter. The father was taking a nap and woke up to find flames and smoke coming from the kitchen. He led his wife and son outside to safety, but went back inside to save some personal belongings.

He had to break a window to escape the burning house a second time. He suffered cuts on his hands and sustained minor smoke inhalation. He was given treatment at the scene.

The fire chief and the home owners suspect the fire resulted from electrical problems. The house is a total loss.
Powered by WorldNow

News Channel 25 KXXV-TV
P.O. Box 2522
Waco, TX 76702

Phone Numbers:
Main: 254-754-2525
Tip Line: 254-757-2525

Links
Contact Us
KXXV Employment Opportunites
FCC Filings
Advertise on KXXV

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXXV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.