Space heater burns travel trailer, kills three dogs - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

Space heater burns travel trailer, kills three dogs

TEMPLE, TX (KXXV) -

A space heater causes a travel trailer to go up in flames with three dogs inside.

Temple fire crews responded to a travel trailer fire on the 1000 Block of West Avenue A Saturday afternoon just before 5:00. They found the 32 foot trailer completely engulfed with heavy smoke and fire showing from one end.

Owners told crews three dogs were inside. All three were found dead after crews put out the fire. Investigators say the owners use the home for storage and shelter for the dogs. They left an electric space heater running to keep the pets warm. The Temple Fire Department says that's what started the fire. It was also ruled unintentional.

Powered by Frankly