Incorrectly used extension cord causes mobile home fire - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

TEMPLE

Incorrectly used extension cord causes mobile home fire

Posted:
Courtesy City of Temple Courtesy City of Temple
TEMPLE -

A Temple mobile home and the contents inside are considered a total loss after an incorrectly used extension cord caused a fire Thursday morning.

Temple Fire & Rescue responded to the 4900 Block of Hernandez Dr. for a fire just before 9:30 a.m. A mobile home already had heavy smoke and fire showing from one end of the home.

Four people were inside the home when the fire started and were able to get out. Two were transported by Scott & White to be evaluated for smoke inhalation.

The residents heard a pop and went outside. One person was taking a shower and came out to find smoke inside the home. She was able to escape through a window that was broken by those outside.

Draughon-Miller Central Texas Regional Airport personnel responded with their fire apparatus to serve as a water supply. Moffat and Morgan's Point Resort Volunteer Fire Department also assisted. 

Crews were able to get the fire was under control just after 11 a.m.

Investigators determined the fire was unintentional and say it started from an incorrectly used extension cord operating a heat lamp.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Woman dies in freak barrel racing accident

    Woman dies in freak barrel racing accident

    Monday, September 1 2014 7:49 PM EDT2014-09-01 23:49:19 GMT
    A woman is dead after her barrel racing event goes terribly wrong at the heart of Texas Fair Grounds inWaco.People were shocked and saddened by the news of a horsewoman's death.It's was a different tone Monday but despite what happened - racers competed in the final day of the event.The 25th Annual ANAH Shoot Out is a three-day barrel racing and poles competition. The competition took a tragic turn in an instant.Jeanine McMinn from Magnolia died at the hospital.West Allison President and CEO ...More >>
    A woman is dead after her barrel racing event goes terribly wrong at the heart of Texas Fair Grounds inWaco.People were shocked and saddened by the news of a horsewoman's death.It's was a different tone Monday but despite what happened - racers competed in the final day of the event.The 25th Annual ANAH Shoot Out is a three-day barrel racing and poles competition. The competition took a tragic turn in an instant.Jeanine McMinn from Magnolia died at the hospital.West Allison President and CEO ...More >>
  • MCLENNAN COUNTY

    Two McLennan County deputies credited with saving woman's life

    Two McLennan County deputies credited with saving woman's life

    Sep 01, 2014 05:36 PM2014-09-01 21:38:05 GMT
    Two McLennan County deputies are being credited with saving the life of an elderly woman who was having a medical episode Sunday morning.More >>
    Two McLennan County deputies are being credited with saving the life of an elderly woman who was having a medical episode Sunday morning.More >>
  • Committee recommends closing 6 state homes

    Committee recommends closing 6 state homes

    A state advisory committee is recommending Texas shut down six of its 13 residential facilities for individuals with mental and developmental disabilities.More >>
    A state advisory committee is recommending Texas shut down six of its 13 residential facilities for individuals with mental and developmental disabilities.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

News Channel 25 KXXV-TV
P.O. Box 2522
Waco, TX 76702

Phone Numbers:
Main: 254-754-2525
Tip Line: 254-757-2525

Links
Contact Us
KXXV Employment Opportunites
FCC Filings
Advertise on KXXV

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXXV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.