Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE DataDirect Networks (DDN)
DDN SFA Storage with GRIDScaler Parallel File System Delivers More than Five Times the Performance, Increased Scale and Efficiency while Dramatically Lowering TCO
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Nov. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Japanese automotive and motorcycle company, Suzuki Motor Corporation, has consolidated its Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) system on DataDirect Networks (DDN) scalable, efficient, high-performance storage platform.
- The CAE system is the core of Suzuki's product development, dramatically accelerating the development of new vehicles and motorcycles.
- Over time, Suzuki's storage system began to experience performance issues and scaling challenges associated with accommodating the explosion in design, engineering and production data, as well as cost and management inefficiencies.
- Working with SCSK Corporation to address these challenges, Suzuki deployed a DDN™ Storage Fusion Architecture® (SFA) high-performance storage engine and GRIDScaler™ parallel file system to consolidate its storage into a new shared CAE storage system to support its production environment.
- The new SFA-based, shared storage system provides consolidated storage to various CAE compute nodes from different vendors (used for crash analysis, structural analysis and fluid dynamics) via a shared InfiniBand storage network. It provides more than five times the current maximum disk space and throughput requirements of the company's CAE engineers.
- The new DDN storage infrastructure lowers Suzuki's overall TCO by eliminating storage "silos", thus dramatically increasing the efficiency of increasingly complex, multidiscipline design and simulation workflows.
- By consolidating onto DDN storage, Suzuki's CAE system has the performance and flexibility to handle new business requirements and accommodate future growth.
Tweet this: .@ddn_limitless accelerates vehicle design and innovation at Suzuki w/scale out high performance storage http://bit.ly/16Tzh9t
Mr. Yoshihiko Sunayama, PH.D, Group Manager, CAE Promotion Group, Digital Engineering Department, Suzuki Motor Corporation
- "To improve vehicle design and development efficiency as well as vehicle performance, CAE model sizes are getting bigger, allowing for more types of analysis and expanding the number of parallel jobs year by year. As a result, this has increased the demand and workload of our CAE system resources. DDN delivers fast performance and huge scale, so we can seamlessly expand our CAE system environment and increase overall system efficiency without impacting production. With DDN technology, we're able to store, manage and share growing design and simulation data, turning the focus to vehicle design and innovation, not on complex infrastructure management."
Robert Triendl, President of DDN Japan
- "We are very pleased to work with Suzuki on this important project to build an adaptive and fully integrated storage environment for the company's CAE design and simulation workflow. Our partnership with Suzuki reinforces our expertise in working with organizations with complex CAE workflows, and our strength in designing and delivering multi-petabyte class large storage systems. DDN is well-known in academic research, government and media markets, but our highest growth is coming from commercial HPC opportunities where our performance and scale can solve the big data problems which affect our customers' bottom line."
About Suzuki Motor Corporation
Starting business in 1909 as Suzuki Loom Works, the firm was incorporated in 1920. Since foundation Hamamatsu, Japan, SUZUKI has steadily grown and expanded. During the post-W.W.II period, our motorized bike 'Power free'* which earned a good reputation was followed by our 125cc motorcycle 'Colleda', and later by the pioneering 'Suzulight'* lightweight car that helped bring Japan's automotive revolution. Each of these was epoch-making in their own right as they were developed and manufactured by optimizing the most advanced technologies of that period. Today, constantly going forward to meet changing lifestyles, the SUZUKI name is seen on a full range of motorcycles, automobiles, outboard motors and related products such as motorized wheelchairs and industrial equipment. The trademark is recognized by people throughout the world as a brand of quality products that offer both reliability and originality. SUZUKI stands behind this global symbol with a sure determination to maintain this confidence in the future as well, never stopping in creating such advanced 'value-packed' products.
Company Name: SUZUKI MOTOR CORPORATION
Date of Incorporation: March 1920 Incorporated as Suzuki Loom Manufacturing Co.; June 1954 Name changed to Suzuki Motor Co., Ltd.; October 1990 Name changed to Suzuki Motor Corporation
Capital: 138,014 million (as of March 31, 2013)
Main Products: Motorcycles, automobiles, outboard motors, boats, motorized wheelchairs, electro-scooters, industrial equipment
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2013 All rights reserved. DDN, GRIDScaler and Storage Fusion Architecture are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DDN Media Contact:
Sr. Director, Global Corporate Communications
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.