Early morning fire destroys Hallsburg home - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |


Early morning fire destroys Hallsburg home


An East McLennan County home went up in flames after a man in the home left a stove unattended. The fire broke out at a home in the 300 block of Dogwood Lane in Hallsburg at about 11:30 p.m. Monday night.

An occupant told firefighters that he had put hamburger meat on the stove and went out to work in his shop. When he came back, he found the kitchen full of smoke, and attempted to put the fire out with a garden hose.

The fire escalated, and Riesel, Mart and Hallsburg volunteer fire departments responded to the scene. They were able to put out the fire, and everyone inside the house made it out safely.

Officials say the home is a total loss.

Powered by WorldNow

News Channel 25 KXXV-TV
P.O. Box 2522
Waco, TX 76702

Phone Numbers:
Main: 254-754-2525
Tip Line: 254-757-2525

Contact Us
KXXV Employment Opportunites
FCC Filings
Advertise on KXXV

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXXV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.