Local home damaged in late night fire - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

WACO

Local home damaged in late night fire

Posted:
WACO -

Firefighters believe a chimney caused a fire at a Waco home late Thursday night.

Firefighters were called out to a home in the 3900 block of Independence Trail in Waco. Someone in the home woke up and noticed smoke. Everyone inside the home made it out safely.

A fire had been made in the fireplace of the home earlier in the night, and firefighters think the fire started in the chimney area.

At one point the fire burst through the roof, which made it easier for the firefighters to put it out.

Most of the damage is upstairs, and the family's game room and attic were damaged.

Powered by WorldNow

News Channel 25 KXXV-TV
P.O. Box 2522
Waco, TX 76702

Phone Numbers:
Main: 254-754-2525
Tip Line: 254-757-2525

Links
Contact Us
KXXV Employment Opportunites
FCC Filings
Advertise on KXXV

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXXV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.