Late night apartment fire ruled accidental - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

KILLEEN

Late night apartment fire ruled accidental

Posted:
KILLEEN -

Investigators have determined a late night fire at a Killeen apartment complex was accidental. Killeen Fire Marshal's Office says the fire was caused by an unattended cooking pan that was left on an active stove burner.

Authorities also say the high winds and wind gusts contributed to the fire spreading quickly throughout the structure.

Firefighters in Killeen rushed to the Stone Hill Apartments on the 500 block of W. Central Texas Expressway Monday evening in reports for a fire.

Two apartments were engulfed in flames, and the fire was spreading quickly. High winds made it tough to get the fire under control. Firefighters soaked nearby homes to help keep the flames and embers from spreading.

Everyone was able to get out of the buildings safely. 23 residents in the twelve affected apartments were displaced due to the fire and were sent to the Killeen Community Center.

Powered by WorldNow

News Channel 25 KXXV-TV
P.O. Box 2522
Waco, TX 76702

Phone Numbers:
Main: 254-754-2525
Tip Line: 254-757-2525

Links
Contact Us
KXXV Employment Opportunites
FCC Filings
Advertise on KXXV

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXXV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.