Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
THE BIOMEMS MARKET WILL ALMOST TRIPLE IN SIZE OVER THE NEXT FIVE YEARS, WITH MOBILE CARE APPLICATIONS CONTRIBUTING SIGNIFICANTLY TO THIS IMPRESSIVE GROWTH!
Microsystem devices have become increasingly visible in the healthcare market by serving as solutions adapted to the requirements of various applications. The usefulness of these devices is two-fold: for one, they improve medical device performance for the patient; and secondly, they offer competitive advantages to system manufacturers. For example, the introduction of accelerometers in pacemakers has revolutionized the treatment of cardiac diseases.
The microsystem technologies market for Healthcare applications looks promising, and should reach $6.6B by 2018. Yole Développement has followed this market's innovations and key players for the last several years, and based on an accurate analysis of the market's last three years, this new report consolidates market data for 2010-2012 and provides forecasts for 2012-2018.
The devices considered in the BioMEMS 2013 report are:
• Pressure sensors• Silicon microphones• Accelerometers• Gyroscopes• Optical MEMS and Image sensors• Microfluidic chips• Microdispensers for drug delivery• Flow meters• Infrared temperature sensors• Emerging MEMS (RFID, strain sensors, energy harvesting)
For each of the above, the report provides a market description, the main device and system manufacturers, current market data, and forecasts. Additionally, main technological trends are reviewed.
We also take a look at the microsystem devices dedicated to cell phone applications. Though mobile care is still in its infancy, we believe this market will grow significantly in the coming years.
Furthermore, specific case studies (including technology and player-specific overviews, innovative developments, supply chain data and patent information) have been included to better address two of the industry's hottest topics: microfluidic chips and retinal implants. Indeed, these two micro devices possess the largest growth opportunity for the coming years.
The regulation particulars for medical device development, included organisms and process overview, are described for five different regions: Europe, North America, Japan, China and India. This section is particularly important for microsystem device and systems manufacturers.A COMPLETE DESCRIPTION OF DIFFERENT HEALTHCARE MARKETS AND APPLICATIONS
Microsystem devices have applications in four key healthcare markets: pharmaceutical, in-vitro diagnostics, medical devices and medical home care. Each of these markets has its own unique dynamics, players and global drivers. Motivation for the acceptance of BioMEMS technologies is highly dependent on each individual market. Whereas the acceptance of microsystems is linked to sensibility and automation constraints in the pharmaceutical market, in the in-vitro diagnostic market it's all about portability and cost reduction; while the medical devices market is focused on addition of functionalities. Concerning the home care market, the motivations are to increase system safety and connectivity. The report reviews all four of these markets in a detailed manner.
Yole Développement's experts have identified a number of applications for each device type. These applications can be placed into five groups: patient monitoring, patient care, medical imaging, in-vitro diagnostic testing and drug delivery. For each of these groups, the report provides an overview of devices and key market drivers, along with market data.
The BioMEMS 2013 report also pays particular attention to Chinese microsystems players, as a number of new players have recently entered the market.
OBJECTIVES OF THE REPORT
The report objectives are as follows:
• Provide a robust analysis of the micro devices used to develop innovative solutions for healthcare applications.• Compare Yole Développement's previous forecast with current market data and draw conclusions.• Deliver the following information for each device category: market insights, main device manufacturers and system integrators, and main trends.• Describe the market drivers per application group.
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
• Consolidation of 2010-2012 market data and 2012-2018 markets forecasts in both volume and value• Identification of all microsystem device applications in the four main healthcare markets: pharmaceutical, in-vitro diagnostics, medical devices and medical home care• Drivers per application are described at both device and system level• Analysis of medical systems growth and the drivers for adoption of MEMS devices for each application• Key technology trends are reviewed per application• Regulation particulars for medical device development in different regions: North America, Europe, Japan, China and India• Analysis of the maturation level for each application (well-established market versus large amount of new players)
TABLE OF CONTENT
• Executive Summary p.7• BIOMEMS 2013 Report p.28
• Introduction p.29
> Microsystems and BioMEMS definition(s)> Microsystems and BioMEMS in this report> Microsystems impact on healthcare> What has changed since 2010 ?> 2012 market data versus BioMEMS 2010 forecasts
• The Microsystems market for healthcare application p.46
> Geographic distribution of the medical device market> Markets considered in this report> Microsystem devices for pharmaceutical research> Microsystem devices for in-vitro diagnostic> Microsystem devices for medical devices> Microsystem devices for medical home care> Devices versus applications
• Market Forecast in $M p.65
> Medical MEMS market in $M> Microsystem devices market split between image sensors & BioMEMS, in $M> Microsystem devices market distribution in $M> Microsystem devices for healthcare applications split by device, in $M> 2011–2018 healthcare applications market CAGR> 2013 – 2018 CAGR by device, in $M> CAGR versus revenue, by sensor category> Microsystem device maturity
• Market forecast in Munits p.79
> Medical MEMS market in Munits> Microsystem devices market split between image sensors & BioMEMS, in Munits> Microsystem devices market distribution, in Munits> Microsystem devices for healthcare applications, split by microsystems in Munits> 2011–2018 healthcare applications market CAGR in Munits> 2013 – 2018 CAGR by device, in Munits
• Microsystem Applications and BioMEMS in Healthcare p.91
> Global market trends> Medical MEMS market in Munits> Global miniaturization roadmap> Microsystem applications and BioMEMS in healthcare> Focus on patient monitoring applications> Focus on patient care applications> Focus on medical imaging applications> Focus on in-vitro diagnostic testing applications> Focus on drug delivery applications
• Microsystems & BioMEMS current products p.109
> Pressure sensors> Silicon microphones> Accelerometers> Gyroscopes> Optical MEMS and image sensors> Microfluidic chips> Microdispensers for drug delivery> Flow meters> Infrared temperature sensors> Emerging MEMS (RFID, strain sensors, energy harvesting)> Others: Biological sensors for cell phones
• BioMEMS activity in China p.217
> Chinese research centers> Chinese pacemaker market> Chinese microarray & BioChip market> Others Chinese BioMEMS : Blood pressure monitors, needle-free injectors, optical MEMS, etc.
• Regulation particulars for medical device development
• Summary and conclusions p.266COMPANY CITED IN THE REPORT
Abbott, Akustika, Analog Devices, Baxter, Becton Dickinson (BD), Bluechiip, Boehringer Ingelheim Microparts, Boston Scientific, Caliper Life Science, CapitalBio, Cepheid, CleveMed, Dalsa, Debiotech, Dolomite, e2v, ELA Medical, Endevco, Excelitas, Fluidigm, Freescale, GE Sensing, Given Imaging, Golden Elephant of XinXiang, Hamamatsu, Handylab (BD), Heimann, Honeywell, HSG-IMIT, Huiqin, IMEC, IMS-chips, Insound Medical, Integrated Sensing Systems, Intuitive Surgical, Invenios, KarlStorz, Knowles Acoustics, Kodak, Lepu Medical Group, LifeTechnologies, Magnotec, MEAS, Medspray, Medtronic, Melexis, Micralyne, Microfluidic Chipshop, Microlife, Micron, Micronit, Nanopass, NeuroIZ, Nicera, Olympus, Omron, Oticon, Philips, Phonak, QINMING Medical, Respitronix, Roche, Sensimed, SensorDynamics, Shanghai BioChip, Shanghai HealthDigital, Shanghai YuLong BioTech, Shanxi LifeGen, Sony, St Jude Medical, STMicroelectronics, TDK EPCOS, Terumo,Texas Instrument, Landwind, ThinXXS, Tianjin BioChip Corp, TNO, Trixel, Tronic's Microsystems, United Gene, VTI, Widex, Yongsheng, YUYUE Medical Equipment,...To order this report:In_Vitro_Diagnostic Industry: BIOMEMS
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.