Unintentional fire severely damages family's home - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

TEMPLE

Unintentional fire severely damages family's home

Posted:
TEMPLE -

A fire damages a Temple home early Wednesday morning after it was unintentionally started in the laundry room. Temple Fire & Rescue responded to the fire at the 3700 block of Red Bud Rd.

The fire fighters arrived they found smoke coming from the single story brick house and all occupants of the home safely outside. One adult and three children were home when the fire started and evacuated.

When the fire was first discovered, one of the adults unsuccessfully attempted to extinguish it with a portable fire extinguisher.  The laundry room and kitchen suffered fire damage with the rest of the home had smoke and heat damage. The home had damages estimated at over $50,000. 

Fire investigation determined the fire was unintentional and started in the laundry room. The two adults and four children, who lived in the home, are staying with family.

 

Powered by WorldNow

News Channel 25 KXXV-TV
P.O. Box 2522
Waco, TX 76702

Phone Numbers:
Main: 254-754-2525
Tip Line: 254-757-2525

Links
Contact Us
KXXV Employment Opportunites
FCC Filings
Advertise on KXXV

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXXV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.