This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
ReportsnReports.com adds new Cider market research reports with 2012 Market Insights for USA, UK, Spain, Swede, Ireland, Switzerland, Belgium, Australia, Estonia, France, Germany, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand and Norway.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) October 07, 2012
Key Features and Benefits in these 2012 Cider Market Insight reports cover:
- Provides excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market.
- Provides in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
- Provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- Provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles
- Provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non refillable.
USA Cider Market Insights 2012
- Cider continued to grow strongly, driven by innovation.
- Cider’s growth is expected to continue unabated with the market predicted to grow by around 30% in 2012. The entry of major brewers into the category, together with innovative marketing and product development, should see cider emulate the trajectory experienced by craft beer.
- Historically, cider was often a name given to a non-alcoholic apple drink in the US, and consequently alcoholic ciders were often labeled as ''hard'' ciders. One consequence of the increasing popularity of cider is the fact that most American consumers now seem to understand the term cider to refer to the alcoholic drink, and most brands have dropped the word ''hard'' from their names.
- As with the craft beer business, a lot of the really spectacular growth is coming from the grassroots level. Crispin was the fastest growing brand in 2011, posting a 300% plus increase.
- The market is benefiting from increasing premiumisation, with premium ciders, which account for a quarter of the market, growing at more than double the rate of mainstream cider.
United Kingdom Cider Market Insights 2012
- The vogue segment today is flavored cider, it is drawing drinkers from other alcoholic categories into the cider arena. Kopparberg and Rekorderlig have been instrumental in developing this segment but as with pear ciders, the big packaged players have also been attracted into the category.
- Many were surprised by the decision of A-BInbev UK to introduce a cider under the Stella Artois umbrella but the brand performed strongly. The brand had an inevitable spike in sales at the beginning but has since proved that it has put down roots, and brought new drinkers into the category.
- Glass was the main winner in terms of packaging, with Ardagh glass reporting that its glass cider production, in units, grew from a small initial base by as much as 88%. This will have been further helped by the jump in glass imports due to Kopparberg and Rekorderlig.
- The fact that it is the higher end ciders that are performing so strongly has meant that, while volume may only be edging forward, value is rising significantly.
- Magners is reported to be back in value growth for the first time in five years: this year''s volume growth did not come by sacrificing value. The brand continues to be innovative and has made considerable gains in the draught market.
Spain Cider Market Insights 2012
Sweden Cider Market Insights 2012
- Cider consumption fell again in 2011, this time by over 2%. The decline was due to weak on-premise consumption.
- The off-premise channel cider did better by complementing its traditionally carbonated cider based-shelves with an increasing range of natural cider brands.
- Carbonated cider performed better than natural ciders partly due to the contribution of PL and consumers using it as a less expensive substitute for cava
- Both cider segments have been hit since the economic downturn in 2008.
- Virtually all cider in Spain is made from apples with pear or fruit cider limited to temporary (very small) imports and only available at specialist retailers of wines and spirits.
- After struggling for much of the year, a strong revival in Quarter 4 helped the Swedish cider market see growth for 2011. The Christmas period 2010 was weak and growth in 2011 had not been expected.
- The big brewers have shown a willingness to invest in cider, which should bode well for the future.
- In the UK Swedish ciders have exploded onto the scene and Kopparberg and now Rekorderlig sell considerably more cider in the UK than they do in Sweden.
- Favorable economic conditions encouraged consumers to opt for the more premium glass offerings over cans. On-premise locations also benefited, leading to value increasing ahead of volume.
- The category has already performed quite strongly in the first half of 2012.
Browse more reports on Cider Market.
Contact sales (at) reportsandreports (dot) com for further information.
ReportsnReports.com (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012-cider-market/insights-usa-uk-spain/prweb9983170.htm