George R. Walters, M.D.
Dr. George Walters has performed over 23,000 LASIK procedures and 17,000 cataract procedures. With over 33 years in the refractive industry, his unparalleled experience makes him the leader in giving his patients the high-definition vision they want.
- Dr. Walters currently operates the only laser for vision correction surgery in a 50 mile radius.
- He is skilled in alternative vision correction technologies such as PRK, cataract surgery, and Intraocular Lens (IOL) implants.
- Dr. Walters is a board certified ophthalmologist and refractive eye surgeon. He received his medical degree in 1975 from the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas.
- In 1979 he served in the United States Air Force at Scott Air Force Base located in Illinois as Chief of Ophthalmology at the rank of Major.
- Dr. Walters was certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology in 1980 and certified in Refractive Surgery by the American Board of Eye Surgery in 1995 and LASIK in 2001.
- Dr. Walters rejects (on average) 10% of applicants for LASIK. This means that when the safest route to the best vision is an alternative procedure, or even no procedure at all, that will be his recommendation.
- He frequently treats cases referred by other LASIK surgeons and has a well-founded reputation among his peers as the leading eye surgeon in the Waco Area.
Dr. Walters is equally skilled at performing cataract and refractive lens exchange surgery and glaucoma surgery, and is comfortable and skilled in the multiple facets of the management of most eye conditions.
Dr. Walters' commitment and experience have earned him a reputation for the pursuit of excellence and for providing satisfaction beyond his patients' expectations.