WACO - A fire managed to cause considerable damage to a local home before being extinguished Thursday morning.
The fire sparked in the 900 block of North 32nd Street in Waco at around 8:00 a.m. A resident at the home where the fire started noticed the flames while returning home from work.
It was discovered later that the fire had started in the home's bathroom hallway. Smoke detectors were present in the home, but were not working because the batteries had been removed.
The exact cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
The two people living at the home were not injured, but have been displaced.